Everyone at some point in their life has said “my diet starts Monday” or “I will start exercising on Monday”. It seems logical to start fresh at the beginning of the week: we have a clearer mindset, we forget all that chocolate or alcohol we had on the weekend because it doesn’t matter as “it’s Monday”, and we also forget the minimal exercise we did last week as it’s time to start fresh.
SO, My 3 goals for this week:
- Catch up with a friend (social)
- Life is inevitably a natural rollercoaster, and aside from family, you will always need someone’s support, trust and companionship. As you grow older, you discover that it is quality over quantity. You may have three incredibly close friends, over 15 friends you see every few weeks. But you know those three will always be there for you and that is what’s special. It is so important to maintain that. Effort goes two ways.
- Go to three classes at the gym (physical)
- I am a Law and Journalism student, so for most of the year I am either stressed or sitting at my desk! I joined the gym recently to regain the fitness I have lost over the years and to have a break from studying the many hours of the day. I have found I really enjoy ‘body pump’ – it’s a weights-based class that fits in with my schedule.
- Take time out for you (mental)
- This is something I also never do. I am so preoccupied with studying or working and never take time out for myself. I stress myself out like crazy over uni work so even if I take 20 minutes to read a book, sit in the sun or go on a walk listening to music, that is a really big step.